Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Morning

Yesterday I came back from being away for 4 days. It was our 12 year wedding anniversary yesterday. Today was the beginning of little T's second week of Kindergarten. It was a wonderful day yesterday but this morning we had a bit of a rough start.

We had to ride our bikes to the bus stop, so we wouldn't miss the bus.

Once he got on the bus, in comfy clothes and with a packed lunch and snack, I had to get both bikes back home. The solution? I rode my bike with one hand, while holding his with the other. This was one wobbly ride, and a perfect metaphor for our morning.

Came back to the kitchen:

A: Half a roll I ripped apart in desperate attempt to find something resembling a sandwich that he would be willing to eat for lunch. Regular bread/sandwiches just wouldn't do and I am sad to say this half roll no longer sounded appealing to him once I had it in my hand.

B: On the 4 hr ride back from Squam Art workshops yesterday, I noticed my eyebrows were in complete disarray so this morning I attempted to tame them. You know it is just so important to have groomed eyebrows for the bus driver. I sometimes get sidetracked...

C: Breakfast dishes- we did have a lovely breakfast together:)

D: After a million lunch ideas were rejected I started begging for him to take anything. He finally agreed to chocolate covered raisins- they are a teeny bit healthy right?

E:Little T felt tortured by the seam in his socks- so this new pack of 8 will be returned, eventually.

F: One minute before heading out to walk to the bus, little T decided that his shirt looked like a pj shirt, this was after 20 minutes of clothes drama upstairs earlier. I ran upstairs and came down with multiple options-these are the rejects.

G:Trail mix- option for lunch turned down.

F: How about cereal for lunch? Nope.

How was your monday morning?

4 comments:

  1. yay! glad you started this... my monday morning was much easier than yours ;n)
    can't wait to have a visit soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this new space you are creating thea. I cannot wait to see what will unfold here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. freakin love this place thea. can't wait for posts about babysitter texts... ; ) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Monday was fine but my Wednesday has sucked! LOL I'm a glass-half-full kind of girl but I've got to admit, today has been kind of poopy so far. Here's to telling the truth! Love the idea of this blog :)

    ReplyDelete