Thursday, September 30, 2010

Perfection


Just got my copy of The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are in the mail yesterday. I have only read the preface so far (I read for a little bit right before bed) and I am head over heels for this book, and Brene! She has a blog that I cannot wait to read!

Do you dress differently depending on how you feel?

I definitely do. When I am all business I dress more plain, and when I start tapping more into my emotions and creativity I find that I have more fun getting dressed. Today it is raining and I will be editing all day, but I woke up and put on my new favorite dress, and purple sparkles on my lids, just for me. My husband let out a chuckle when he came down to the kitchen this morning. I think the socks look better peeking out of my boots;)

I am now going to blare some music and edit away.

xo

*I hate to shop and don't go very often. I am loving these footless tights and socks I found at H&M on a rare shopping trip I took with my friend Sam a couple weeks ago. I especially love them with my black high boots. And this has to be the most comfortable dress I have ever had. It even has pockets! My friend Cal from Hodge Podge made it! If you like beautiful comfortable clothes check out her etsy. She also has a great book for making your own clothes.

11 comments:

  1. LOVE your pics! I'm wearing purple sparkle for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love...love...love the stripey socks, the original cal patch dress that was MADE fro you, your wisdom, your thoughts...and you. i will call you, i swear! hahaha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, love it!
    (also, can't get my name to show, just my blog name--erg--It's Meghan!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your picture - your socks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that book sounds interesting. and heck yes, see ya later perfectionnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, you are a darling! i always think it's such a silly thing that what we wear can affect our mood, but it certainly is TRUE ;n)
    what an honor to have my dress be part of your 'emotions and creativity' outfit!
    thank you thea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg...so love you in your blue tights and stripey socks. and happy you are finding inspiration in brene's book. must get a copy...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture! I just joined in on Brene's Perfect Protest. (Just found her blog last night, so I wasn't able to snap a picture). Once I hit a 30-something, I began to feel this way.
    I have learned there is a sense of peace that comes with accepting little imperfections. :D
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay,
    you've inspired me ...
    dressing to create... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this and love your stripey sicks!

    ReplyDelete