Monday, February 20, 2012

Bodyrock February Week 2 day 3 and 2mi Run

Running:
Trey is on vacation so this morning I was able to go out for a run at 7:15. It took me 20 minutes to run 2 miles. I have so little patience when it comes to my fitness. Fundamentally I don't love pushing myself really hard and I expect to see huge leaps and gains immediately. This sort of pervades in other areas of my life. The theme in my life right now is just about showing up and doing my best, whether I "want to" or not, because I feel like there is some room for me to grow as a person by doing so. Deeper thoughts are here but I can't put them into words at this point.

I have read many places about running and yoga having this deeper impact on peoples lives on a spiritual and mental level. I am starting to see how this is almost inevitable. LOL. And this after my third run. LOL.

So, about half my run was uphill-the other half down. Twice I had to walk for about 10 seconds. A friend of mine recently wrote on her blog she did 3 miles in 26 minutes and I was so impressed and felt a bit down about my 2 miles in 20 minutes. In the past I would probably let my negativity lead me to quitting. I have been working on turning my complaints/negative thinking into gratitude and positive thinking. It feels a bit polyanna when I write it, but being in my head it is really the difference between living a happy content life and feeling cranky and irritable.

At the start of my run I was thinking...
oh gosh I should be running faster...
but I can't...
I don't want this to feel hard...
well to progress it has to feel hard right?
Ughhh I am not going to want to run if it always feels hard...
well how am I going to get to run 3 miles in 26 minutes if I don't push...

and then I decided to stop thinking and just run.
Just run.
Listen to the music and just run the best I can.

Peace for about 10 minutes

Then my nose started running and I forgot a tissue. Note to self- bring tissues.

When I got home I remembered almost 7 years ago I started training for my first 5k that after 2 months of training I ran the 5k (3.1miles) in 26 minutes. Mind you I was 7 years younger but I was also 30 pounds heavier. There is a good chance with training I will be able to get there again.

I am glad I finally got to a place of feeling positive, hopeful and encouraged- hello endorphins? - but it took me a while...20 minutes to be exact :)

BodyRock:
When I got home I contemplated if I should do the bodyrock this morning-right after my run or should I do it at night like I have been for the past few weeks. I decided there was a chance I would feel pooped like I did last night (having Trey home from school, makes me more tired).

I am committed to doing Bodyrock above running-so if I ran already, I should do my 15 minutes of Bodyrock right away.

I felt a bit thrown by the very simple routine for some reason and had a hard time keeping count.

Week 2 day 3
50/10 - 2x through

1. Push up clean& press squat& press - 10 pound dumbell
2. Lunge and Press - left leg - 20/20 - 10 pound dumbell for 6 then 5 pound
3. Lunge and Press - right leg 20/20 - 10 pound dumb bell for 5 then 5 pound
4. Side jump- Center push up- Side jump - brutal- for some reason I had to do knee down pushups and I felt terrible about it.
5. Single arm clean and press - alternate arms - 5 pound - 26/24
6. Knee lift - don't have equalizer bars so I did leg lifts laying on floor.

Abs - 1 x through
Left leg bridge - 20
Right leg bridge-19
Over head abs with weight (10 pound) - 16

Breakfast:
Plain Oatmeal
Cottage Cheese
Plain greek yogurt
1 apple

Lunch
Salmon
Kale
Rice
1 tb butter
plain greek yogurt
pineapple

Dinner
Grilled Chicken
Eggplant
potato
1tb dressing
salad
1 orange

No comments:

Post a Comment