Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Week 3 day 2 - Bodyrock and 2 mi Run

I think I am going to need a new way of listed the blog post titles.

Man I did not want to work out this morning. Last week before going away I was surprised that the workouts felt less burdensome. I was looking forward to them. Well after some days off, I have fallen off the motivation bandwagon. This is when I usually give up or let things slack. This must be what separates regular exercisers from the rest of us and I want to have exercise as a part of my life!

I dragged my butt up, put on my running gear and hit the road. I was tempted to run flat, but took the hills instead. I am using the Hal Higdon Novice 15K training as a guide to get ready for my first 15k. Since when I started I had 20 weeks to the Boilermaker I am doing what my sister in law did and doing 2 weeks of each training week.

I ran 2.04 miles in 19:05

Then I came home and last thing I felt like doing was bodyrock but since I was already sweaty and Trey was already playing his itouch when I got back at 7:42 I decided to get bodyrock over with. My lovely friend Jessica sent me the link to the missing day 2 - workout- Sean's pyramid routine and I just didn't have the time, so I wrote down the 5 exercises and added straight abs with weight at the end and did that for 10/50 intervals 2x through for my 12 minute workout.

I still need that simplicity at least when I don't feel motivated. The idea that a 12 minute workout is good enough.

1. Spit Squat aka jump lunges. Still have to slow down but man I can do these better than when I started! I could barely do 5 of these-it felt like I couldn't propel my legs that way. Now I can do them - but slow down a lot about 30-40 seconds in. Didn't count.

2. Elevated pushup- pt feet up on second step hands on floor. Didn't pull in knees until second time. Did about 10 or so normal on step then moved down to normal pushups on floor for a few and then had to put knees down.

3. Low Jack squat- good but really slow down at end of 50 seconds.

4. Pushup wide hands up on step- flip over for some dips using stairs since I don't have equalizer.

5. push up- tuck jump - jump over- repeat. Notice a big improvement here with tuck jumps as well. These are similar to the jump lunges where I used to barely be able t get up off the ground. Still hard but can actually jump up. Nice to see progress.

6. Full sit up with 5 pound dumbbell over head.


Breakfast:
Oatmeal
Plain yogurt
cottage cheese
apple

Lunch:
chicken
snap peas
potato
1 tb butter
plain yogurt
blueberries

Dinner:
Ground turkey
string beans
rice
salad
1tb dressing
orange





No comments:

Post a Comment