Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week 9 day 7 - Body rock & 2 mi Run

It was a pretty busy weekend. I had a great photo session this morning and when I got home I felt pretty tired, so instead of exercising I chose to lay down and rest and read for about 40 minutes before lunch.

I like to exercise either before lunch or before dinner so after a phone date with a friend at 5, I got on my exercise clothes and headed out for a run. I wanted to do a longer run but I had to get back before Terry headed out to play tennis, so I kept the run to 2 miles (I did take the monster hill though). I was so excited when I got home and saw that I ran it in 17:22 (that's 8 min 41 sec mile!). This felt like great time for me since just 3 weeks ago it took me 20 min +seconds to run 2 flat miles. I don't know how long I would have been able to keep up that pace but it didn't feel horrendous for the 2 miles.

I came home and wanted to do body rock. It feels like I wimped out a bit this one felt brutal and I didn't have a lot of time.

Set your interval timer to a stop watch 25 reps of the following exercises

1) 25 – Burpee & Push-Up (did all 25- full pushups)

2) 25 – One Leg Step-Ups – Right Leg – (I used 10 pound dumbell and a kitchen chair- after 18 I had to put weight down

3) 25 – One Leg Step-Ups – Left Leg – (I used 10 pound dumbell and a kitchen chair- after 18 I had to put weight down

4) 25 – Elevated Push Ups & 2 Under Knees - Did regular pushups - for 16 and then did modified ones.

5) 5 – High Knees + Drop ( 25 Times ) - This had a push up and was just too long for me- I did 12 only

6) 50 – Mountain Climbers ( 25 Each Leg )

7) 25 Tricep Dips –used stairs

8) 25 Ball Squats –used 10 pound plate in hammock bag across shoulders but didn't use ball

9) 25 Stand to Plank - this felt strange wasn't sure I was doing it right.

10) 50 Jump Mat Toe to Elbow (25 Each Side) - This was insane I only did 11 each side

11) 50 – V Star Switch Abs (25 Each Side) - Also felt too hard - felt totally wimpy- did only 12 a side but did full sit up for 8 of each.

My time 16:35



No comments:

Post a Comment